I’ve been a gate motor installer since 2004 ~ I have paid my school fees and pretty much diagnose your faulty D5 right away ~ providing you describe it’s exact symptoms.
TOP 5 D5 Gate Motor troubles
No 1 ~ Battery failure
- Status light flashing ~ 3 times pause, 3 times pause
- Speed reduced gradually and eventually stopped
- Batter will test 12 and above voltage but this controller don’t care much for voltage ~ It seeks AMPS.
- Typical battery lifespan ~ 18 to 24 months
- The D5 uses the battery as primary source to operate ~ Mains power charges the battery as needed.
No 2 ~ Motor Fuse
- New battery but it still just “clicks” ~ watch main Relays ~ again looking for amps to keep it relayed.
- Change (not check) the (sand filled fuse) ~ checking it with standard circuit test meter gives false continuity.
- Make sure to bend holding clamps closed before inserting new fuse
No 3 ~ Faulty Terminals
- Check corrosion
- Make sure it fits tight
No 4 ~ Origin Marker displaced
- There will be a magnetic origin pick up mounted on the gate just above the rack – check that it is not loose and check the gap between it and the gate motor when passing to be not more that 20mm
Origin marker placement (i did not install the one in the images)
No 5 ~ Power failure (main)
- Watch the status light, it will blink in sequence. 2 times pause.
Drop a comment or Question below…
Centurion D5 Evo on promotion, new motor with 2 remotes battery and installation.